This competition is intended to give as many people as possible experience of match play and this has been very successful in previous years.
- We have 7 players per team, with only 4 players in any match.
- Each match consists of 4 singles and 2 doubles.
- The order of play in the singles is by handicap, 2 lowest players play each other, next two play each other etc. Doubles pairings are at captains discretion.
- The maximum handicap for any player is 10
- Singles games count for your (green) handicap cards, so don’t forget to fill them in!
- If your game includes someone who’s handicap is above 10 then rather than +/-10 change in your index you should treat the game as a level play game with the stronger player as handicap 10 and the weaker player at the real handicap
- In addition to the reserves, whom you should ask first, you can ask ANYONE in the club to be a substitute for your team with the one proviso that they are not a lower handicap than the person they are representing eg you cannot replace a 10 with Jon Diamond.
- The match must be played on the due date and that if you cannot raise a team you may try to rearrange it, but if that’s not possible then you will have to concede the match.
- On one occasion a team has found they had 4 people on holiday at once, but hopefully this was an extraordinary event!
- If the match is rained off completely it’s a draw. If you have to stop in the midst of a game the match is decided on the number of EVEN completed games, eg if you have completed 5 games you ignore the last one finished and the result will be either 2-2, 3-1 or 4-0.
- Phone Derek Crocombe 01732 364585 if you have any queries.
PS The car parks charge after 6pm, but it may be cheaper to park between 5pm and 6pm and pay for one hour! Anyway single yellow lines and parking bays are still free (subject to the times on the adjacent notices). Why not try parking in Mountfield Gardens or Mountfield Road which are free from 5pm at time of writing?